What this group is used for
- Asking questions about things specific to the Flour Mill community e.g. rules and regulations, use of spaces, renting of car spaces, regular meetups or events, notices about community driven activities, lost / found notices and asking for recommendations.
- Announcements about official Flour Mill initiatives that are led by or in partnership with EG (e.g. announcement about yoga and boot camp and other local events as and when they may occur).
Who is the group for
This group is intended for the use of residents, owners, renters and commercial tenants at the Flour Mill of Summer Hill (Bakers Rise, Bakers Quarters, The Malthouse, The Granary, The Durum Silos, The Wheatstore and the Mungo Scott Building). Entry is via a link and QR code. If you leave the complex, we suggest leaving the group. Membership is not monitored or moderated.
- Be mindful of timing – When posting in this group please be mindful that many of your neighbours will receive a notification when you send a message. As a general rule of thumb, please try to keep messaging between 8am and 8pm.
- Be kind and courteous – We’re all in this together to create a welcoming environment for our neighbours. Treat everyone with respect. Rude, aggressive, inflammatory and defamatory comments are not ok.
- No hate speech or bullying – Make sure everyone feels safe. Bullying of any kind isn’t allowed, and degrading comments about things like race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender or identity will not be tolerated.
- No doxing – Any photos of people or identifying information about an organisation MUST have consent of the person in it to be posted. This excludes competitions and other such events which you will be informed in the terms and conditions prior to participating.
- No advertising, promotions or spam – Please do not use this group to promote any non-EG business or service, spam or post irrelevant links. If you have a business or service you would like to connect with the Flour Mill community you can contact EG to discuss ways to share or you can join the Flour Mill of Summer Hill Residents Facebook group, Summer Hill People Facebook group and interact in line with their guidelines.
- Privacy – Being part of this group requires mutual trust. Authentic, expressive discussions make groups great, but may also be sensitive and private. What’s shared in the group should stay in the group. You are responsible for understanding your rights and responsibilities in regards to privacy under Australian law, please adhere to them.
- What admins do – Administrators of this group choose to do so in a volunteer capacity in an effort to support the community of Flour Mill residents to use this WhatsApp group effectively. It is expected that group members self-manage by adhering to the above mentioned guidelines. In the event that people go against group guidelines, Admins might take one of these steps: message you, ask you to delete your post or ask you to leave the group.
- Your options – If you don’t like what’s being spoken about in this group you have three options:
- Mute notifications (three dots in top right hand corner > mute notifications) so you don’t get notified
- Report content to an admin. Please note it cannot be guaranteed that it will be removed if the content is deemed to meet group guidelines
- Voluntarily leave the group. You can always re-join the group at a later date if you wish.
Regular events/groups within Flour Mill:
- Markets | Every 2nd Sunday 9am – 1pm | Mungo Scott Plaza
- Yoga (60mins) | Mondays 6pm & Saturdays 7:45am | Harvest Park / Mungo Scott building | Bookings 0412 143 808 / email@example.com
- Boot Camp (60mins) | Tuesdays 5pm & Thursdays 6:30pm | Harvest Park / Mungo Scott building | Bookings 0499 907 983 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Violon Duo Suzanne and Val | Fridays 5pm – 5:30pm | Mungo Scott Building
- Veggie Patch | Alternate Sundays from the markets 11am | Veggie Patch next to the stairs leading from 5 Mungo Scott Place to the plaza | https://www.facebook.com/groups/371356260933185
Support for your events:
EG Developments completed the Flour Mill of Summer Hill in 2019. They are committed to remaining engaged with the community and hope to support our ideas for events and programs. EG has offered to match contributions for activities and programs that enrich our community. The offer is dollar-for-dollar contribution up to $1000. Suggestions can be emailed to email@example.com and contributions are at their discretion.
The Mungo Scott commercial building is currently partially filled with commercial tenants. Until such time as it is fully leased, the space available for short term bookings/rentals. Should you wish to hire the building you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
More information on the spaces can be found at www.mungoscott.com.au
Useful links and where to find information:
Flour Mill Community
- Flour Mill Community Blog: http://flourmillcommunity.com.au/
- Flour Mill Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/TheFlourMillofSummerHill
- Flour Mill Residents Private Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2021310048144375
- Flour Mill Instagram Page: @flourmillcommunity
- Mungo Scott Website: https://www.mungoscott.com.au/
- Mungo Scott Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mungoscottbuilding
- Mungo Scott Instagram: @mungo_scott
- Jonathan Chew
- Annie Chan
- Kumar Harsh
0429 510 181
- Andrei Bondarenko
0429 510 181
Add your email address to the Flour Mill Community update list to hear the latest news right in your inbox. Sign up here: